Here in Birmingham, coffee seems to run through the city’s veins like it runs through the fictional veins of Lorelai Gilmore. If you’re looking for a place to study, catch up with a friend, or fuel your day, we’ve got you covered. Here are five unique coffee shops in Birmingham, AL.
1. seeds coffee company, 174 Oxmoor Rd, Birmingham, AL 35209
Seeds is has an industrial-rustic chic and laid-back atmosphere that’s always buzzing with studious college students and twenty-somethings.
2. Lucy’s coffee and tea, 2007 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35233
Lucy’s is quirky, warm and cozy, making it the perfect place for a relaxing afternoon pick-me-up.
3. Urban Standard, 2320 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
Urban Standard is filled with vintage nick-knacks and lots of open space. Plus, it has huge windows facing the street, creating a great atmosphere to people watch while you enjoy your brew.
4. Church street coffee and books, 81 Church St, Mountain Brook, AL 35213
Doubling as a book store and popular student study spot, church street is bright but homey, and serves up great drinks and sweet treats. Be sure to get one of their famous Break Up Cookies!
5. Caveat, 2514 Linden Ave, Homewood, AL 35209
The newest to the bunch, Caveat just opened up in Homewood. It is open and cozy with a great patio space. Try one of their draft lattes when you go!