It’s the time of year to be thankful.
A Thankful Jar is a great way to stay reminded of your many blessings this November. Challenge yourself, your friends and your family to write down at least one blessing per day. When you gather for your Thanksgiving feast, empty out the jar and read everything you wrote down throughout the month.
To make your Thankful Jar stand out, just follow these simple steps!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Mason jar
• Twine or string
• Festive fabric
• Hole punch
• Something to write with (I recommend a Sharpie)
• Cardstock paper
• Decorative stickers (optional)
1. Cut or rip fabric into strips. The length depends on the size of your jar. For a standard Mason jar, I would cut it about 19 to 20 inches long. Ripping the fabric gives it more of a rustic feel.
2. Cut twine about the same length you cut the fabric.
3. Tie the fabric in a knot around the mouth of the jar.
4. Tie twine around the mouth of the jar on top of the fabric.
5. Cut a square out of the card stock and punch a hole in the top left corner.
7. Write your note. Get creative!
8. Knot the twine through the hole in the paper.
9. Cut off excess twine.
10. Add your cute little stickers!
11. Cut up strips of computer paper.
12. Be thankful!
By Abby Colella