1) Make-A-Wish: Make a child’s lifelong wish become reality as you partner with Make-A-Wish of Alabama. You can donate financially or become a wish granter. Either way, get involved and see the smiles of children when they find out their wishes are coming true. For more information, visit alabama.wish.org
Photo credit to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
2) The Lovelady Center: Become a part of the life-changing ministry of the Lovelady Center in Birmingham. This ministry helps women who have been released from prison reintegrate into society while teaching them about the love of Jesus Christ. Donate your time as a prayer warrior, help clean up and redecorate around the center so that the women feel more at home or donate your gently used items to the Lovelady Thrift Store. For more information, visit loveladycenter.org
Photo credit to the Lovelady Center of Birmingham.
3) American Heart Association: Join the American Heart Association as it seeks to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular disease in our country. Donate your funds or be a part of the Birmingham Heart Walk June 22, 2013. For more information on how you can get involved and help fight the No. 1 killer of Americans, visit heartwalk.org
Photo credit to the American Heart Association.
4) Jimmy Hale Mission: More than just a shelter for men, women and children, Jimmy Hale Mission serves as a recovery and education center. If you are looking to offer financial support, there are many different options. The shelter also accepts product donations such as clothes, toiletries and even toys for the children. If personal interaction is more what you’re looking for, it’s always a blessing to see a friendly face serving a meal, tutoring a child or leading a Bible study. To find more volunteer opportunities, check out jimmyhalemission.com
Photo credit to jimmyhalemission.com
5) American Cancer Society: Help raise cancer awareness by getting involved in relays and other sponsored events. Donations are always welcome, but if you’re looking to do more than just donate money, why not try your old car or frequent flyer miles? Both are accepted and deeply appreciated. For more information, visit cancer.org
Photo credit to cancer.org